BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 3, 2011

QUEST CREW

QUEST CREW. 
"PROFESSIONAL AND ORIGINAL. "


QUEST LOGO


Victor Kim


Victor and D-trix


QUEST CREW

I made that quote up. AWESOME rite? 
This shall be my 'motto' thing which implies my view on them.
The first dancer who inspired me was Ryan Conferido. AKA Ryanimay. He was auditioning for So You Think You Can Dance Season 1, 2004. He was the MOST DANGEROUS dancer on that show. I was only 14 years old. He was THE GUY who puts me in THE WOW FACTOR. I have no idea a human body can move like that. He made me believe that there's nothing a human cannot do.


RYAN CONFERIDO


LOVE YOU >u<



So i decided to audition for a dance group called the Hibiscus Artistic Dance, HAD.


GROUP PICTURE!!



My 1st concert. Quite cacat. :)

I need to audition twice to get in. Epic failure?? No way!! It's EPIC SUCCESS!! After i failed the first audition, my mom forced me to join this twirling group where you dance with Flags and Batons. Something like a marching band but not marching band. So suffering with all the stretching and hard training. I joined the Merdeka 50th anniversary human formation dance at night. IT WAS AWESOME. My group F6 was legendary. Noisiest, awesomest group alive.


RAY+MK


MEI HUA+ JOSHY                                 


JANICE+GUYS


BREAK TIME


AT THE PADANG...


OUR LAST GROUP PHOTO


A short clip on p50.

Anyways, when i got in HAD. I trained hard and got into Senior form. Happy!! In 2006, My leader Ong Tze Hong had joined the So You Think You Can Dance Malaysia Season 2 and got 2nd place. I screamed and supported him with my HAD members. At home and at the stadium. You can see us holding a HUGE banner and wearing white shirts with red HAD initials. Whoo!!


MY LEADER.


short clip on my leader solo.

I just realized Quest Crew when my college seniors were talking about it. I saw Ryan which looks familiar and HELL YEAH i started watching the whole America's Best Dance Crew, ABDC season 3. Fell in love with them. They were AWESOME, WOW!! Can't stop watching them after the first few times. 

There's more of me than being a fan of dancers.

I started dancing when i was like 10 years old?? I think it was the time i danced 'Para para Sakura'. My mom videoed it. I lost the video now. :'( 



When i started dancing, all i knew was 'okay, it's just moving your body and shaking all that fat away' thing.
Because i was chubby since i was born. When i get to know more. 
Dancing for me is like expressing my inner-self, my feelings, who i am here and now at this moment i control the stage, I AM the stage. I may not be able to headstand or land on my head after a back-flip. But everyone is different. The dream is there, we just have to reach out with our own ways and catch it.

People will feel 'whoa! chubby girl like you can dance? you gotta be kidding man!!' or look down on chubby people because the first impression they have on you is fat, lazy, jelly-body, big appetite, smells, heavy in-beautiful person.

 Hey, we don't choose who we want to be. We change on what we want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment